Senior Data Modeler
We're assisting our insurance industry client with the search for a Senior Data Modeler who will join their IT Department on a permanent full-time basis.
With extensive expertise in relational and multi-dimensional databases, as well as OLTP and OLAP systems, you'll be responsible for designing data models that support business operations within the data warehouse.
You'll collaborate with business stakeholders to align data needs with organizational goals, conduct data discovery, trace data lineage, and write complex SQL queries for data analysis.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to align data needs with organizational goals
- Design and implement schemas, tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures
- Enforce data quality and governance for accuracy, reliability, and compliance
- Integrate diverse data sources for effective data combination and access
- Conduct data discovery and trace data lineage
- Write complex SQL queries for data analysis and retrieval
- Develop and maintain technical documentation including database designs, diagrams, and metadata
- Manage and update data dictionary, source inventories, and reference/master data sets
- Create and refine data models to accurately represent organizational data assets
- Collaborate with team members to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Work with data governance teams to uphold data quality and security standards
- Provide technical guidance and support to team members
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or relevant field
- 7+ years of experience in data modeling, including experience with relational, star, and snowflake schemas
- Strong expertise in database design, data architecture, ETL/ELT, and data warehousing
- Experience in development of maintenance conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server and/or other relational databases
- Familiarity with data integration, ETL, visualization tools
- Proficient with Data Modelling Tools
- Strong understanding of data governance, data quality, and security best practices
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot complex issues
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and credit check.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI, Databricks, Apache Spark, and Microsoft Access is preferred
- Experience with Azure Cloud, Python development is preferred
- Insurance industry experience is an asset
What’s in it for you:
- Mainly remote work with flexible arrangements
- Excellent health and dental insurance benefits package
- Personal Spending amount to invest in your healthy lifestyle
- RRSP - Registered Retirement Savings Plan with Company matching
- ESPP - Employee Share Purchase Plan (TSX:IFC) program with matching aspect
- Competitive compensation package with bonus aspect
- Employee discount program, including Apple, Bell, Rogers and more!
- Paid Time Off in the form of: Personal days, Volunteer days, Exam/Study Time, Jury Duty and starting at 3 weeks of vacation per year!
- Working for an employer who is regularly recognized as one of Canada’s best employers