Best Places to Find Azure Data Engineer Jobs on the Market
Find your next job as an Azure Data Engineer. Check out the best job offers for data engineer from top companies working with Azure.
About azure data engineer jobs
An Azure Data Engineer is a professional who builds, implements, and supports Microsoft BI solutions. Azure Data Engineers are responsible for ensuring that data is available, accurate, and timely. They achieve this through applying knowledge of Azure, ETL/ELT processes, data warehouses, and data lakes.
Azure Data Engineer jobs typically require 2-5 years of experience working with Azure and data engineering technologies. Azure Data Engineers work closely with Azure Data Architects to design and implement Azure data solutions.
They also work with business analysts and stakeholders to understand requirements and deliver business value. If you are interested in becoming an Azure Data Engineer, consider pursuing a degree in computer science or a related field. jobs in this field typically require 2-5 years of experience working with Azure and data engineering technologies.
What are the responsibilities of an Azure Data Engineer?
Azure data engineers’ roles include expanding and optimizing data. The main responsibilities involve assisting developers, data analysts, data architects, and data scientists to ensure a consistent data delivery structure is observed throughout projects. Here are the other responsibilities of the engineer:
- Ensure all data is cleansed, mapped, transformed, and optimized for storage based on the technical requirements of the business
- Developing and maintaining various Azure solutions
- Designing solutions using Microsoft Azure services or any other appropriate tools
- Loading transformed data into storage
- Reporting structures in the destination such as high-speed indexes, data warehouse, analytics applications, and real-house reporting systems
- Automating tasks and deploying production standard code
- Creating data pipelines to bring big data together
- Extracting data, maintaining and troubleshooting the data warehouse
What skills are required to be an Azure Data Engineer?
There are many vacancies for those searching for Azure data engineer jobs. Therefore, anyone looking for such a job should identify with all the basic skills for data engineering on the Azure platform. The listed skills are necessary for every engineer and here are some of the important ones:
- Persons looking for Azure Data Engineer jobs should have a clear understanding of the ever-evolving data landscape. They should be aware of the change in data systems and how this influences data professionals
- Be able to identify the differences between cloud data and on-premises solutions. Understanding how businesses utilise cloud technologies is also important
- Understand the job role and the responsibilities of an Azure data engineer. Additionally, the candidate should know the services on the Azure data platform
Big data projects are complex and for them to be properly executed, hundreds of decisions have to be made. The process involves multiple professionals, with each one playing an important role in taking the project from design to production.
For those interested in becoming Azure data engineers, understanding the world of data has changed and the different technologies. This will help them learn about the current data platform technologies and how to take advantage of them, for the benefit of the organization.
The tech stack
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with Azure: ADLS, Databricks, SQL DW, Stream Analytics, Analysis Services, COSMOS DB, Serverless, Architecture, Azure Functions, ARM Templates..
What is the Azure Data Engineer job market like?
The big data industry is doing well, especially due to the pandemic’s need for digitalization. Different companies in various sectors have had to work on their big data and analytics operations.
A prediction by the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that there will be a rise in data-related professions by 12% by 2028. As a result, 546,200 new data engineering jobs will be created. Soon, this is expected to be one of the professions in demand worldwide.
What are the most common Azure Data Engineer interview questions?
For those searching for Microsoft Azure data engineer jobs, a good understanding of the platform is vital. You have to prepare for the interviews and the only way to do this is by understanding Azure’s data analytics platform.
You also have to build your knowledge across the specialties. To help you stand a better chance of landing the job, here are some common Azure data engineer interview questions:
- What is Microsoft Azure?
- What is the primary ETL service in Azure?
- What are data masking features available in Azure?
- What is Polybase?
- What is reserved capacity in Azure?
- Explain the architecture of Azure Synapse Analytics.
Ensure you have a good understanding of how to answer these questions and anything else about the Azure platform.
Why Choose Azure Data Engineer Jobs?
Working as an Azure data engineer helps you work as a data analyst and scientist under one roof. As explained earlier, a data engineer’s role involves properly managing data workflows and pipelines. One unique feature of Azure data engineer jobs is how ambiguous the roles are.
These engineers prepare a baseline that data scientists need for their work. They do so by collecting, moving, storing, and preparing data infrastructure. Data scientists then use this infrastructure for learning and optimization. Therefore, the work of a data engineer on the Azure platform can’t be overlooked.
As an engineer, you stand to benefit a lot since there are many promising job prospects. Not only is it beneficial in terms of remuneration but also the experience and reputation you’ll get as a data engineer. Data engineering is evolving and there are more trends to come.
What are the Common Challenges of Azure Data Engineering?
There are a few common challenges that Azure data engineers face. First, Azure data engineers need to be able to work with large amounts of data efficiently and effectively. This might prove challenging especially since they have to deal with other people around them. Secondly, they need to be able to manage data pipelines effectively to ensure that data is flowing smoothly and correctly.
Achieving this also relies on the input of other professionals, and if there’s lagging or failure on one end, the entire project fails. Lastly, an Azure data engineer is also the DevOps engineer who has to ensure the data they are working with is of the highest quality. Generally, the work of an Azure data engineer covers a wide scope and managing it can be time-consuming and crucial decisions need to be made.
What is the best Azure Certification?
According to the Microsoft Learning Community website, the most popular Azure Certification is the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Cloud Platform certification.
Is Azure a good option for data engineers?
Yes, Azure is good for a data engineer. Azure offers a comprehensive set of tools and services that make it an ideal platform for data engineering. Azure provides a managed platform for data warehousing, data lakes, and data science that is scalable, reliable, and secure. Azure also offers a wide range of data management and analytics services that can be used to build data engineering solutions.