Business Intelligence Engineer
As a Senior Engineer, you will build distributed data processing solution and highly loaded database solutions for various business cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. Contribute as part of self-organized team of experienced data engineers working in a challenging, innovative environment for our client, creating the foundation for decision-making at a company dealing with billions of events per day.
- Acquires tasks from the project lead or Team Lead (TL), prepares functional and design specifications, approves them with all partners!
- Ensures that assigned area/areas are delivered within set timelines and required quality objectives.
- Provides estimations, agrees task duration with the manager and contributes to project plan of assigned area.
- Analyzes scope of alternative solutions and makes decision about area implementation based on their experience and technical expertise.
- Leads functional and architectural design of assigned areas. Makes sure design decisions on the project meet architectural and design requirements.
- Addresses area-level risks, provides and implements mitigation plan.
- Reports about area readiness/quality, and raises red flags in crisis situations which are beyond their AOR.
- Initiates and conducts code reviews, builds code standards, conventions and guidelines.
- Suggests technical and functional improvements to contribute to the product;
- Overall 5+ years of professional experience with minimum 3+ years experience working in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role!
- Extensive experience in ETL orchestration and workflow management tools like Airflow, or Oozie.
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and distributed computing & proficiency in programming languages such as Python.
- Proven experience with the Distributed data/similar ecosystem (Spark, Hive etc.) and/or streaming technologies such as Kafka/Flink.
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
Good to have:
Experience in AWS (EC2/S2/IAM).