Senior Financial Analyst
About Baird & Warner Real Estate
Over the last decade, Baird & Warner was named a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace ten times in a row. But we didn’t get there by accident — behind every great company is a culture created by the professionals who work there. Throughout our rich history, one thing has remained true: we believe that when you give people the support they need, amazing things can happen. That’s why at Baird & Warner we empower you to be independent, to grow in your career, to do the right thing by your colleagues and your community, and to have a true work/life balance. We truly care about making our team feel part of something bigger by sharing a single purpose — making it easier for homebuyers and sellers to realize their real estate dreams.
Baird & Warner is currently seeking to fill the position of Senior Financial Analyst. We are looking for a candidate with 5 to 10 years of work experience to join a team that plays an integral role in decision making across the company.
*This position will require on-site working 3x/week at our Schaumburg office (425 N Martingale Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173).
The role is ideal for a highly-motivated individual who functions with confidence and expertise in a dynamic and evolving business environment. Candidates must have great communication and interpersonal skills, strong analytical ability, and an ability to balance the details against the bigger picture. The ideal candidate possesses a business process mindset and a strong drive to innovate, and is naturally inclined to take on new challenges.
Essential duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Strong focus on commission plan analysis, report creation, administration and renewal of commission plan processes and programs.
- Provide accurate, timely, and actionable financial reporting and key business metrics to operating teams, gaining key insights into spend trends with meaningful and actionable analyses.
- Prepare sales manager and management presentation materials.
- Build and maintain reports, models, and dashboards around key metrics to monitor and ultimately improve sales performance and understanding.
- Participate in budgeting, forecasting, and annual and long-range planning in supporting sales offices.
- Help identify and implement revenue growth opportunities.
- Strive to bring new thoughts and ideas to the team in order to drive innovation and unique solutions.
- Perform ad hoc analysis for management as required.
- Ability to tell stories with data, communicate effectively and instill confidence in recommendations to motivate stakeholders to take action.
- Ability to extract and manipulate data from multiple sources, developing assumptions where needed, to drive business insights and strategy development.
- Ability to build relationships and work effectively with both technical and non-technical colleagues at all levels.
- Advanced financial modeling capabilities.
- Strong work ethic with a focus on meeting expected deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop, analyze, and effectively interpret data.
- Self-motivated and able to learn hands on with new technology.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities.
- Bachelor's degree required ideally within a financial discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with an emphasis on business analytics, business intelligence, financial analysis or similar business functions.
- Real Estate industry experience a plus.
- Experience working with business intelligence software platforms (Cognos is a plus).
- Expert proficiency in Excel.
- Comfortable navigating large quantities of data.
Medical, dental, PTO, VTO