Senior Data Engineer
Founded in 2003, IT Concepts’ core values – customer-centricity, teamwork, driven to deliver, innovation, and integrity – ensure we work together to be the best, realize objectives, and make a positive impact in our communities. We intentionally created and sustain our ITC culture that embraces change, experimentation, continuous learning, and improvement. We bring our design thinking problem solving approach that challenges assumptions, prioritizes curiosity, and invites complexity to deliver innovative, efficient, and effective solutions. As we continue to grow in the support of our government customers, we are looking for driven and innovative individuals to join our team.
IT Concepts is looking for an experienced Senior-Level Data Engineer to support our intelligence customer. The Data Engineer and team will also provide the following functions:
- Design and develop end-to-end data pipelines in SQL Server database; oversee build, implementation, and optimization of these pipelines.
- Monitor and ensure data pipelines meet performance, availability, and quality standards.
- Implement data orchestration solutions for data pipelines.
- Manipulate large volumes of data into formats suitable for analytics and reporting.
- Adhere to data governance policies and best practices for protecting data.
- Research, analyze, and document various technical approaches (including implementation, benefits, constraints, outcomes, and associated risks).
- Collaborate with data architect/database administrator to address and resolve problems in the case of failed jobs.
- Develop metadata documentation and architecture documents.
- Engage with technical and functional program subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand business processes, data requirements, critical data elements, data mappings, data protection guidelines, etc.
- Provide recommendations for improvements in data strategies, including governance, integration, and standardization changes.
- Assist in developing briefing packages to communicate complex ideas to non-technical customers.
Location: Work location is JBAB, DC.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, information systems, or related.
- 7+ years of experience as a data engineer (e.g., building data pipelines, coding best practices, maintaining data quality)
- Demonstrated experience with ETL processes and concepts in relational (SQL) database management systems.
- Expertise in Python and/or SQL
- Proficient in Agile development, git operations
- Experience translating requirements into technical tasks and developing data structures to support the generation of business insights and strategy.
- Innovative problem-solving and root cause identification skills.
- Knowledge of data modeling
- Experience with data orchestration tools (e.g., Dagster, Prefect, Apache Airflow)
- Experience communicating and presenting data to non-technical stakeholders, written and verbally.
- Must be self-directed, detail-oriented, and able to coordinate and work with a dynamic team and multiple stakeholders.
- Must have an active TS/SCI at the time of hire, and willing/able to get CI Polygraph
We believe in generating success collaboratively, enabling long-term mission success, and building trust for the next challenge. With you as our partner, let’s solve challenges, think innovatively, and maximize impact. As a valued member of our ITC community, you have the unique opportunity to work in a diverse range of technology and business career paths, all while supporting our nation and delivering innovative technology solutions. We are a close community of experts that pride ourselves on creating an environment defined by teamwork, dedication, and excellence.
We hold three ISO certifications (27001:2013, 20000-1:2011, 9001:2015) and two CMMI ML 3 ratings (DEV and SVC).
Growth | Inc 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, DC Metro List Fastest Growing; Washington Business Journal: Fastest Growing Companies, Top Performing Small Technology Companies in Greater D.C.
Culture | Northern Virginia Technology Council Tech 100 Honoree; Virginia Best Place to Work; Washington Business Journal: Best Places to Work, Corporate Diversity Index Winner – Mid-Size Companies, Companies Owned by People of Color; Department of Labor’s HireVets for our work helping veterans transition; SECAF Award of Excellence finalist; Victory Military Friendly Brand; Virginia Values Veterans (V3); Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Corporate Breath Award
We offer great benefits – Competitive Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Identity Protection, Pet Insurance, 401(k) with company matching.
We invest in our employees – Every employee is provided with a stipend to invest in certifications, a master’s degree, or even a doctorate. We want you to grow as an expert and a leader and offer flexibility for you to take a course, a certification, or attend a conference. We are committed to supporting your curiosity and sustaining a culture that prioritizes commitment to continuous professional development.
We work hard, we play hard. ITC is committed to injecting fun into every day. We dedicate funds for activities – virtual and in-person – e.g., we have four season tickets to Nationals games that are available every month, we host happy hours, holiday events, fitness events, and annual celebrations. In alignment with our commitment to our communities, we host and attend charity galas/events. We believe in appreciating your commitment and building a positive workspace for you to be creative, innovative, and happy.
AAEO & VEVRAA
IT Concepts is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and a VEVRAA (Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act) Federal Contractor. As such, any personnel decisions (hire, promotion, job status, etc.) on applicants and/or employees are based on merit, qualifications, competence and business needs, not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, , sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, genetic information of the employee or family member of the employee, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law.
IT Concepts maintains a strong commitment to compliance with VEVRAA and other applicable federal, state, and local laws governing equal employment opportunity. We have developed comprehensive policies and procedures to ensure that our hiring practices align with these requirements.
As a part of our VEVRAA compliance efforts, [Company Name] has established an affirmative action plan that outlines our commitment to the recruitment, hiring, and advancement of protected veterans. This plan is regularly reviewed and updated to ensure its effectiveness.
We encourage protected veterans to self-identify during the application process. This information is strictly confidential and will only be used for reporting and compliance purposes as required by law. Providing this information is voluntary, and it will not impact your eligibility for employment.
Our commitment to equal employment opportunity extends beyond legal compliance. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees, including protected veterans, are treated with dignity, respect, and fairness.
How to Apply
To apply to IT Concept Position- Please click on the: “Apply for this Job” button at the bottom of this Job Description or the button at the top: “Application.” You can upload your resume and complete all the application steps. You must submit the application for IT Concepts to receive. If you need alternative application methods, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and request assistance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.