Project Controls Specialist II (Cost Analyst)
CPM provides comprehensive Project Management services with proven processes and methodologies and over 25 years of experience in strategic planning, coordinating, implementing and executing projects.CPM manages the design and build of construction projects from beginning to end, handling every detail on behalf of the client in order to deliver the largest return on the client’s investment.
We are seeking a Project Controls Specialist to assist our Project Management team to ensure construction projects are implemented efficiently and successfully within the agreed terms of the scope of work (SOW) and budget, while maintaining quality processes. The ideal candidate is extremely organized and loves paying attention to the small details.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
· Monitor the overall integrity of the project budget and forecast in accordance with approved standard operating procedures
· Provide quality assurance to Company staff regarding all financial tracking and cost performance
· Conduct cost variance analysis of reported data to identify trends and mitigate potential budget impacts
· Review, analysis and oversight of monthly cost reports and monthly progress reports
· Evaluate contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget/timetable
· Review financial section of the Proposed Board Actions for accuracy
· Review invoices for compliance and proper coding in accordance with encumbrances
· Review task order requests, change orders and amendments to ensure budget availability, accurate cost coding and reporting
· Interact with various technical discipline leads to understand and communicate issues and conflicts that may impact the budget
· Ensure implementation of Company policies, procedures and plans regarding cost management of capital projects with multiple funding sources
· Provide interface support and respond to all executive requests for all financial information
· Serve as central receiving point for all financial matters
· Travel to offsite project locations as required
Experience Requirements and Qualifications:
· 3-5 years professional experience in program and/or project controls on a construction program.
· BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
· Experience working through the entire project life cycle.
· Knowledge of theories, principles and practices of cost/schedule management, earned value management, change management, forecasting, and risk assessment.
· Ability to present data to management in an organized manner
· Exceptional communication skills required
· Ability to adapt to changing requirements and situations
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Ability to perform in a business environment, maintaining professionalism in all communications and demeanor
· Other job related duties or projects as assigned
· Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Advanced Excel Skills, Proliance, Data-Warehouse or other systems used by a large capital program, and any educational facility experience.
paid time off, paid sick leave, health & company matching IRA