Program Associate - Data & Technology
Job Location: Los Angeles, Ca (Hybrid)
Salary: $25.48 - $30.29 hourly, non-exempt
Imagine what we can do together. At Brilliant Corners, we believe amazing things can happen when we work together in an environment where everyone feels a true sense of belonging and their ideas are heard. If you are keen on adventure, join us and help Brilliant Corners make a positive impact on the lives of so many individuals who are currently struggling.
Searching for your dream job? At Brilliant Corners, we strive to help our employees find passion and purpose. Join us in making a difference.
WHO ARE WE?
Founded in 2004, Brilliant Corners provides innovative housing and housing-related services to California’s most vulnerable individuals, with an emphasis on those transitioning from, or at risk of, homelessness or institutionalization. We develop, own, and manage multi-family supportive housing and licensed residential care homes, and implement a broad array of scattered-site, one-on-one supportive housing, and clinical case management programs through partnerships with developmental services, homeless services, veterans’ services, and health care sectors.
In short, we do good work. We have offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, the Inland Empire, and San Diego and are growing daily. We are looking for YOU! ---inspired, talented people who want to be part of a team that’s affecting profound change and is having fun doing it.
The Data and Technology department is looking for a program associate to assist with project and day to day task execution. The program associate will provide critical administrative support for invoicing, scheduling, planning, project coordination, and logistics. The program associate will help to ensure the department runs smoothly in its work to support and advance the organization’s mission. The ideal candidate will exhibit superior organizational skills, excellent communication skills, and a high degree of responsiveness and timeliness.
The program associate will work in coordination with the Data and Technology director and other team members. To be successful in this position, candidates will bring administrative work experience, meticulous organization, ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and a supportive attitude. Preferred candidates will have a willingness to learn, resourceful mindset, and experience and interest in data and/or IT.
WHAT DO WE LOOK FOR?
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting Support: Lead preparation for meetings (scheduling, logistics, assembling/distributing materials) and record meeting notes to ensure timely follow up and execution of next steps.
- Project Support: Consistently follow‐up with stakeholders to ensure initiatives are on track and support coordination across initiatives
- General Support and Administration: Provide other support functions, as needed, including document prep, proofreading, research and writing, data collection, improving and using filing systems, managing and processing accounts payable.
- Travel Logistics: Oversee trip planning, including managing all logistics, expenses, and registrations
- Scheduling: Manage calendars with accuracy to align with priorities
- Team building and development: assist in planning and organizing team building activities, team meetings and trainings, and professional development workshops
- Vendor management and billing support: Maintain up to date information on department vendors and contracts. Support payment processing and communicate updates to vendor partners
- User Management: Assist with back-end user management for external facing software.
Mindsets of an Ideal Candidate
- You’re mission driven. You’re motivated by a desire to change the world for the better wherever you are and see your work to do just that.
- You’re obsessed with organization. You’re known as someone who gets things done quickly and calmly. You can handle many responsibilities at once and you instinctively discern between what’s important and what’s urgent. Things don’t fall through the cracks.
- You sweat the small stuff. You’re diligent about maintaining accurate, up‐to‐date records because you know that strong knowledge management is the foundation for solid decision‐making. This attention to detail permeates your work.
- You thrive in an entrepreneurial environment. You’re resourceful and at ease with ambiguity and rapid change. You possess a positive, can‐do attitude, and are adept at identifying creative solutions to obstacles. You can juggle many important responsibilities at once and you’re rigorous about prioritizing.
Experience and Education
- Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant, senior executive assistant or in other secretarial positions.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- High degree of attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple deadlines efficiently and simultaneously in a fast‐paced environment.
- Succinct writing and summarization skills appropriate for business communication.
- Solid team player who is able to work well collaboratively on projects and under pressure.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Demonstrates the necessary attitudes, knowledge, and skills to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross‐cultural settings.
- Impeccable judgment, including a high level of discretion when handling confidential materials.
- Interest in, and knowledge of, IT and Data systems is an advantage.
Brilliant Corners goal is to keep all of our employees and the public at large safe during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Brilliant Corners has adopted (as of April 15, 2022) a Vaccination and Testing Policy in order to safely provide services to our contractors, clients, and vendors.
All employees are required to be Fully Vaccinated (Initial dose(s) + ONE BOOSTER). If you are unvaccinated, you will be required to apply for a Medical or Religious Exemption within the FIRST 60 (Sixty) days from the first day of employment and have your exemption approved by People Services (Human Resources). All Employees that have an approved Exemption may have to test WEEKLY due to contractual agreement(s) with our Funders.
This position requires frequent visits to properties, attendance to on-site vendor meetings, community meetings, funding workshops, trainings, and other events primarily in the Los Angeles Area. Opportunities to attend events outside Los Angeles area, including Brilliant Corners’ sponsored events throughout California, or nationally may also be presented for this position.
If driving a personal or company vehicle a valid, clean CA driver’s license and personal auto insurance
may be required.
Brilliant Corners is committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients, and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. Brilliant Corners is also committed to fair hiring practices and does not ask applicants to disclose conviction history before extending a conditional job offer.
Salary range for this position is $25.48 - $30.29 hourly, non-exempt, This position is being offered at $25.48 hourly, non-exempt DOE.
What is in it for you:
Financial & Retirement
- Competitive wages
- 401K with 5% company match
- Employee Referral Bonus - $500 for per referral (max of $2500 per calendar year)
Vacation & Time off
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Long List of Paid Holidays: 20+ paid Holidays which include a week off for winter break into the New Year. – We are proud that Brilliant Corners provides nearly 100% more holidays than most non-profits offer, including 10 federal holidays and up to 12.5 Brilliant Corners’ special holidays. Did we mention that we also had 7 half days on upcoming long weekends?
- Paid Sick Time
- Floating Days
- 100% Employee Coverage of Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Life & Long-term Disability Insurance – 100% employer paid premium
- Flexible Spending Account
- Genomic Life, Cancer Guardian support program
- Internal Training and Career Development
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program 24/7 free
- Opportunity to grow in multiple ways!
Other Perks & Discounts
- Company Social Events
- Wellness Initiatives
- Gym Membership Discounts
- DACA fee renewal: Reimbursement up to $795
- Additional benefits and resources to assist our BC people