Principal Applied Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer - Relocation to Australia
- This position will be based in Sydney, Australia. Rokt will provide relocation and visa support for successful candidates
Rokt is the global leader in eCommerce technology, helping companies seize the full potential of every transaction moment to grow revenue and acquire new customers at scale. Live Nation, AMC Theatres, PayPal, Uber, Hulu, Staples, Lands’ End, and HelloFresh are among the more than 2,500 leading global businesses and advertisers that use Rokt's solutions to drive more value through every transaction by offering highly relevant messages to their customers at the moment they are most likely to convert.
With our December 2022 secondary transaction, Rokt’s valuation increased to $2.4 Billion. We are expanding rapidly and globally – operating in 14 countries across North America, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region with the largest office in Sydney and a major R&D hub in NYC. With 50% annual growth and vibrant company culture, Rokt has been listed in ‘Great Places to Work’ in the US and Australia. Our award-winning culture is guided by our eight core values: smart with humility, own the outcomes, force for good, conquer new frontiers, enjoy the ride, raise the bar, communicate with impact, and disagree then commit. These values help us attract, engage, and develop the right talent around the globe and ensure we foster an environment that helps us all do our best work. Keen to join a fast-growing company and a vibrant culture? Learn more at rokt.com.
The Rokt engineering team builds best-in-class eCommerce technology that provides personalised and relevant experiences for customers globally and empowers marketers with sophisticated, AI-driven tooling to better understand consumers. Our bespoke platform handles millions of transactions per day and considers billions of data points which gives engineers the opportunity to build technology at scale, collaborate across teams and gain exposure to a wide range of technology. We are expanding rapidly in our major R&D centres in NYC and Sydney. We are passionate about using intelligent systems to improve the transaction moment for retailers everywhere. Come join us and build the future!
About the role
As a Principal Scientist/Machine Learning Engineer you will be able to drive the future direction of new initiatives and push the boundaries on what the world thinks is possible by leveraging the latest advancements in ML. You will join a team of top-tier Machine Learning Engineers and be an inherent part of the Relevancy org and will be responsible for driving machine learning solutions from research to production.
Your expertise will be critical in designing, implementing and scaling innovative machine learning solutions that drive impact across the business. Reporting to the VP of Engineering (AI/Data) you will work closely with product managers, machine learning engineers and software engineers to understand business priorities, frame ML problems and architect solutions that deliver real-world value specifically in CTR modelling, Conversion modelling, UX optimisation, price optimisation and NLP.
In this role you will be encouraged to keep up with emerging trends in machine learning, research state of the art deep learning architectures, prototype new modelling ideas and conduct offline and online experiments and deploy your solutions to production.
- Develop and implement machine learning algorithms to solve business problems
- Design and implement scalable data processing and machine learning pipelines
- Collaborate with product, engineering, and data teams to identify machine learning opportunities
- Evaluate and improve the performance of machine learning models
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning research and apply them to real-world problems
- Write clean, scalable, and maintainable code
- Communicate technical concepts and ideas to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Sharing your knowledge by giving brown bag sessions, tech talks, and evangelising appropriate tech and engineering best practices.
- Mentoring other team members, facilitating within/across team workshops, and leading agile development.
- PhD or Masters's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics a similar technical field of study with a specialisation in Machine Learning, Data mining, Information Retrieval or Data science.
- 10+ years of industry experience in building production-grade machine learning systems with all aspects of research, model training, tuning, deploying, serving and monitoring. Industry experience in ecommerce, recommender systems, digital marketing or two-sided marketplaces is a plus.
- Experience in the following areas - Bayesian methods, Reinforcement learning, Deep learning Architectures and Recommendation systems and if you have experience in ML for Ads or ecommerce it is a big plus.
- Be motivated, and self-driven in a fast (we truly mean fast) paced environment with a proven track record demonstrating impact across several teams and/or organisations.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders and manage tasks in a timely manner.
- At Rokt we encourage autonomy; teams have complete ownership of their systems including building, running and monitoring. As such, you may be required to be on-call and respond to system alerts should they arise.
- Ideas, opinions, and the ability to share them through respectful proposals, presentations, and team-wide discussions, An eagerness to work and learn in the open and share your learnings with your teammates.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Kubeflow, TFX and Feature Store in a production environment is a massive plus
- Work with the greatest talent in town. Our recruitment process is tough but diligent. We’re constantly aiming to implement our value of “raise the bar” and setting high standards for our Rokt’stars. This is essential in our high-performing, high-grow culture where we strive to bring in the brightest and best talent. Our teams thrive by challenging the status quo and we encourage all of our teams to unleash their desire to achieve something bigger.
- Join a community. At Rokt we’re a community of curious explorers. We’re not afraid of venturing into uncharted territories. We work together as one single, aligned team. We value diversity and transparency which is why we support a number of internal employee resource groups including an EDI steering committee, Rainbow Rokt which empowers our LGBTQIA+ Rokt’stars, Womxn who Rokt promotes gender equality in tech, and more.
- Accelerate your career. We want you to unleash your full potential. This is why we have an annual ‘Level Up’ allowance of $5,000 that gives Rokt’stars the ability to take courses, attend events, go to training, and more to help our great employees become even better leaders.
- Take a break. When you work hard, we know you also need to rest. We offer generous time off and parental leave policies, as well as mental health and wellness days for all employees. We even incentivise individuals to utilise their PTO with “High 5” days, an additional 5 days of PTO when you’ve used 75% of your allotted annual paid leave. We also offer a paid Rokt’star Sabbatical for employees who have been with us for 5 years or more.
- Stay happy and healthy. Enjoy catered lunch every day and healthy snacks in the office. Plus join the gym on us! Rokt offers a monthly allowance to use on a gym membership or online fitness classes. We also provide all Rokt'stars access to free 1:1 coaching, therapy and digital mental wellness resources.
- Become a shareholder. All Rokt’stars have stock options. If we succeed, everyone is rewarded.
- See the world! We want our Rokt’stars to enjoy the ride. As we aim to bring meaning and fun to our everyday work, we host global all-staff events in amazing locations (Phuket, Thailand in January 2020, Hawaii in May 2022, and Whistler in 2023). As we strive to build a community of curious explorers, we also offer generous relocation packages for those interested in moving to another Rokt office. We have bustling offices in great cities including New York, Sydney, London, Singapore, and Tokyo.
- We believe we’re better together. We love spending time together and are in the office most days (most teams are in the office 3-4 days per week). We also get that you need to balance your life and your commitments so you have the flexibility to manage your own hours and can spend up to a week of every quarter working from anywhere.
- We believe in equality. Rokt is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we know our collective strength comes from how different we all are. We encourage you to apply for one of our open roles—irrespective of socio-economic status or background, age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, colour, pregnancy, carer/family responsibilities, national and social origin, political opinion, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Salary Range - $260,000 - $300,000 AUD per year plus equity