Digital Solutions Architect
**Remote with a preference for candidates on the East coast of the United States**
Does the prospect of combining change management, cloud, and technology transformation – to help our BioPharma customers become cloud-native, digital enterprises - excite you? Do you have a background in cloud architecture, digital transformation and data & technology standards? If yes, you may be our next Digital Solutions Architect!
Working to enable R&D digital transformation, you will be responsible for ideating, designing, and deploying solutions to build the modern R&D Informatics landscape. You will own and lead solution deployments for our customers and ensure all solution deployments are robust and scalable.
Our customers are modernizing their scientific informatics landscape to accelerate the discovery and delivery of life saving new therapeutics, drugs and vaccines! Consequently, we are growing our digital capabilities and looking to expand our offerings to customers in North America. This is an exciting opportunity to join our Digital and Cloud Team to help leading pharmaceutical and biotech companies adopt cutting edge scientific R&D technology.
· Build Enterprise focused Digital Architecture for R&D, CMC, Manufacturing organizations
· Lead development of digital architecture blueprint, technical roadmaps, technology frameworks for software, data, integrations and infrastructure solutions
· Lead proposals for Digital Transformation and Cloud Computing and High-Performance Computing RFPs
· Provide thought leadership on Digital architecture roadmap to Business and IT leaders and enterprise architecture teams
· Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise on Digital, Cloud and Data solutions by sharing industry trends, best practices and practical experience in implementing digital solutions
· Work with project teams to plan, coordinate, analyze, design, review, and implement application systems/enhancements.
· Lead Zifo’ involvement in Industry forums and consortiums and contribution to non-competitive projects and POCs
· Drive inclusion of latest technical developments and disruptive technologies into Zifo offering
· Design and build production data pipelines from Ingestion to Consumption
· Build relationship with Customer, Internal and vendor leadership teams.
· Act as Digital/Cloud consultant in key Digital programs of Zifo Customers
· Act as the mentor & leader for the Zifo Digital/Could team
· Deliver guidance and oversight for project team members
- Cloud-native and agnostic designs and architectures across AWS and Azure
- AWS Stack – S3, Glue, EMR, Redshift, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, Athena etc.
- Job Schedulers – Airflow, Oozie or other ETL Scheduler
- Data Analytics – AWS Cloud Native Services
- Big data architecture – Python, Scala, Hadoop Bigdata, Hive, Pyspark etc.
- Master Data Management / Data Quality Management / Governance
- Collibra, Atacama, Alation, Reltio etc. as an added advantage
- Knowledge in building Data architecture framework including security, reference data and metadata management.
- Data bases (SQL, NoSQL) and Data Platforms (Databricks, Snowflake)
- Strong skills with Database management, Data modeling and design
- DevOps and Security
- CI/CD, Serverless compute, OAuth, SSO, MFA etc.
Your technical expertise is complemented by:
Problem solving, analytical thinking and decision-making skills.
Knowledge of emerging commercial and open-source technologies & solutions
Strong Programming skills with good understanding of concepts such as OOPS, design patterns, master data management & Ontology development
Strong understanding of established and evolving industry standards and best practices driving digital transformation
Strong understanding of security protocols and performance requirements for enterprise solutions
Strong collaboration skills with the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously and a self-starting, proactive approach.
· Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Life Sciences or related field
· 15+ years industry experience with proven skills in leading large-scale digital transformation design and architecture across full-stack portal and cloud development.
· Experience with change management aspects of technology transformation with large organizations
· Experience in life science industry with scientific informatics solutions
· Adherence to architecture standards and design principles
· Experience with cloud-based data storage, analytics & data science platforms
· Proven experience with IT processes and methodologies – Waterfall, Agile, Safe, CI/CD, DevOps, ITIL and associated tools
· Proven experience APIs, Middleware, Integrations and Micro Services
A successful Zifo-ite is:
- Independent, Self-Motivated & Results driven
- Willing & able to quickly acquire new Technical Skills & Business Principles
- A critical thinker who possesses logical reasoning
- Curious and always looking for creative solutions to complex problems
CURIOSITY DRIVEN, SCIENCE FOCUSED, EMPLOYEE BUILT. Our culture is unlike any other, one where we debate, challenge ourselves, and interact with all alike. We are a curious bunch, characterized by our passion to learn and spirit of teamwork. Zifo is a global R&D solutions provider focused on the industries of Pharma, Biotech, Manufacturing QC, Medical Devices, specialty chemicals and other research-based organizations. Our team’s knowledge of science and expertise in technology help Zifo better serve our customers around the globe, including 7 of the Top 10 Biopharma companies.
We look for Science – Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology etc. We possess scientific and technical knowledge and bear professional and personal goals. While we have a “no doors” policy to promote free access within, we do have a tough door to walk in. We search with a two-point agenda – technical competency and cultural adaptability.
We offer a competitive compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, vision, 401k with company matching, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
If you share these sentiments and are prepared for the atypical, then Zifo is your calling!
Zifo is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.