Data Scientist (SOCOM)
WWC Federal is seeking a Data Scientist supporting the Special Operations Command (SOCOM) vice commander-directed Data Stewardship Program lead by the SOCOM Command Data and Artificial Intelligence Office. The Data Scientist will have skills sets of both of a data analyst and data engineer. This candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining a data pipeline. In addition, the Data Scientist shall understand some of the most challenging processes, technologies, and can leverage a vast array of methodologies in the field, such as data mining, natural language programming, and machine learning. The Data Scientist must have a combination of skills that includes programming, mathematical modeling, statistics, and domain knowledge. They must combine an advanced math and statistics background with programming, domain knowledge, and communication skills to analyze data, create applied mathematical models, and present results in a form useful to the organization. They must also be able to understand and manipulate structured and unstructured large data sets, which requires proficiency in distributed SQL programming, relational and non-relational data queries, general programming languages (such as Python and R) and machine learning techniques.
- Interpret and analyze data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method.
- Coordinate research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data.
- Experiment against data points, provide information based on experiment results and provide previously undiscovered solutions to command data challenges.
- Coordinate with Data Engineers to build Data environments providing data identified by other data professionals.
- Apply and develop scientific methodology, statistics and algorithms to discover and frame relevant problems, hypotheses, and opportunities.
- Develop predictive and prescriptive modeling, natural language processing (NLP), Robotic Process Automation (RPA), text mining and processing, clustering, forecasting methods, and other advanced statistical techniques.
- Design and automate processes to facilitate the manipulation and analysis of data. Manage and integrate data across dissimilar data sets. Analyze large-scale structured and unstructured data.
- Use frameworks such as Spark and Hadoop to conduct large-scale data processing. Perform statistical modeling and create data visualizations using products like Tableau, Microsoft Power BI and R Shiny.
- Research, design, and implement algorithms to solve complex problems. Program using R, Python (NumPy, SciPy, Pandas) or similar analytical languages.
- Perform data engineering, data processing and modeling techniques using cloud-based data management, data science, and ML platforms such as Databricks, IBM Cloud Pak, Cloudera, and Snowflake.
- Communicate complex concepts and hypothesis to a non-technical audience through digital storytelling.
This position is contingent on contract modification.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 21-49% / Regular Travel expected.
The CeLeen Group, d/b/a WWC Federal, a Pequot company, is a tribally-owned firm providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Native Americans and spouses in all phases of employment.
Our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Federal is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Federal will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
WWC Federal is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
Our Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with our Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field.
- Ability to obtain Interim Secret within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum 1 year experience in data science methodologies.
- Proficient with one or more programming languages (Java, C++, Python, R, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Current, active Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Proficient in Agile Development and Git Operations.
- Experience in coding.
- Experience working with Special Operations.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Eligibility requirements apply.