Data Scientist (CENTCOM)
WWC Global is seeking a Data Scientist to serve on a potential effort supporting CENTCOM in their data integration efforts. This position is on-site located on MacDill AFB, FL.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with R and Python to create analytical solutions that integrate with Microsoft applications such as Excel, SharePoint, Access, and Word to support Joint Planning Modernization and assessments.
- Creating data management tools to support statistical/predictive analysis.
- Developing tools and reports that assist users with access and data analysis.
- Developing and managing DCMP, developing tools, methods, and processes for data collection.
- Using, modifying, and tailoring Client tools such as: C2IE, Advana, Maven Smart Systems, Onebrief, or other joint planning software.
- Validating data for accuracy to ensure precise analysis results and apply a wide range of analytical data-mining techniques to produce accurate data sets.
- Defining problems, conducting research, developing analysis design; performing data collection and reduction, displaying data for analysis, examining the underlying relationships and selecting appropriate methods or techniques, formulating mathematical expressions, constructing analytical models for understanding data, drawing conclusions; drawing operational insights from assessments; and preparing reports describing and justifying the results.
- Developing and supporting new analytic capabilities as requirements evolve within the command for assessments (e.g., data mining and analysis, systems analysis, social analysis, data visualization and modeling); executing analysis in support of assessments with high visibility, unusual urgency or program criticality; requiring a variety of OR techniques and tools.
- Applying conventional OR methods and techniques to support assessments, exercising sound military and analytic judgment in applying standard professional OR practices; Exercising creativity and innovation in selecting and applying OR techniques and tools to support assessments, methods, and processes, enhance assessment performance, or increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Working on a wide variety of ambiguous, complex, compounding problems given only a skeletal framework or foundation for departure, characterized by either their expansive breadth or depth where analytic precedents and guidelines often do not exist, which may require unconventional approaches or the application and adaptation of sophisticated analytical techniques producing original results.
- Performing work with a marked degree of technical authority, assuming responsibility for each step of the analytic process, the thoroughness of the analysis, significance of the findings and effectiveness of the presentation.
- Initiating, overseeing, and/or developing requirements from a project’s inception to conclusion for extremely complex programs; develop project requirements, plans, and schedules to support assessment activities.
- Determining the nature of ill-structured or broadly stated problems; identifying problem ramifications; providing technical expertise concerning the validity of assumptions and the assessment criteria.
- Working independently or as part of a team to complete projects, potentially as a part of a larger project, or a phase of analysis; performing assignments arising from previous assessments which exposed problems or were highlighted in other applications.
- Providing support regarding inbound and outbound tasks utilizing the USCENTCOM Task Management Tool.
- Providing input and consolidating feedback of past, current, and future activities for the CCJ5, to include, but not limited to, weekly and quarterly updates and executive summaries for the leadership.
- Coordinating with operational technical experts; Coordinating support and interfacing regularly with the HQ staff and DOD partners, Joint, Interagency, Coalition, and NATO, and supporting assessments conducted by those partners.
- Documenting working groups’ results, conferences, in-progress reviews, and other milestone activities.
- Documenting working groups’ results, conferences, IPRs, and other milestone activities.
- Briefing senior leaders, potentially on controversial, and/or sensitive results and findings that may involve differences of opinion or varying interpretations among experienced and respected professionals.
- Routinely communicating with, preparing correspondence and presentations for, and advising senior leaders; Generating finished products for presentation and final reporting.
Multiple positions may be hired from this announcement.
This position is contingent on contract award.
- Moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phone and printers) and /or occasional Loud noise (airfield, large equipment).
- Ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time.
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers to operate a computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 0% - 10% / Minimal travel expected: Offsites, meetings, training, a conference.
WWC Global, a Pequot company, is a tribally-owned firm providing management consulting services to U.S. government agencies.
Pursuant to PL 93-638, as amended, preference will be given to qualified Native Americans and spouses in all phases of employment.
Our employees are the embodiment of our success as a firm. Our team is comprised of a tenacious group of diverse professionals located across the globe. It includes military veterans and spouses of active duty troops, former federal employees, policy experts, academics, attorneys, and technical and business experts, all of whom share a strong work ethic and the skills to succeed in both collaborative and independent environments. WWC Global is invested in the long-term success of both our clients and colleagues for the right reasons. Our dedication to putting good government into practice is underpinned by a merit-based culture that measures success by productivity and credibility.
WWC Global will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants who are unable to utilize our online application system due to a disability. Please send your request to email@example.com.
WWC Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer – we do not discriminate based on age, race, national or ethnic origin, gender, veterans status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected class. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws: Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act.
Our Affirmative Action Program is available to any employee or applicant for employment for inspection upon request, to the extent required by federal regulations. The Affirmative Action Program can be accessed during normal business hours by making an appointment with our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field.
- Current, active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI.
- 3 or more years experience in Data Science with a minimum of 1 year of experience at a Combatant Command staff, Joint or Combined Command Headquarters, or Defense Department equivalent.
- Ability to communicate, prepare correspondence and presentations at the 4-Star General Officer Level.
- Proficient in R programming language.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications.
- Outstanding communication skills, influencing abilities, and client focus.
- Professional proficiency in English is required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. WWC Global will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
- Current, active TS/SCI clearance.
- Master’s degree in technical field (OR, data science, math, engineering, computer science, etc.)
- Familiar with Advana and Anaconda platforms.
- Experience designing/developing web applications.
- Experience with Posit workbench.
- Experience with cloud computing/operations.
WWC Global offers a competitive benefits plan including:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance
Eligibility requirements apply.