Data Engineer and AI Specialist
Client: United States Air Force (AF) Secretary of Air force of Financial Management (SAF/FM)
Pay Status: Salary, W2 of Idea Entity
Position: Data Engineer and AI Specialist
Job Family: Exempt
Work Location: Herndon VA
Daily schedule: 40 hours per week, standard business hours
Expected Pay Rate: $50/hr. to $70/hr., negotiable.
Duration: Contract through 2028
Notes: No C2C, must be W2 employee of Idea Entity, must be US Citizen
Idea Entity, a Microsoft Gold Partner, is a global change management consulting firm committed to delivering customer outcomes that change the way business is done. We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer and AI Specialist who will assume a key role on our team.
This role will be operating on a hybrid schedule 3 days a week onsite and 2 days remote in our Herndon Virginia, office. Due to the nature of this role, US Citizenship is required and is not eligible for sponsorship. Need the ability to pass a background investigation.
Not eligible for C2C must be a W2 employee of Idea Entity.
- Integration of AI Chatbot system.
- Updating knowledge articles within the AI and ability to train the solution.
- Capability to employ a variety of qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques to continually improve the user experience.
- Consistent collaboration with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to improve the scalability & performance of machine learning systems that handle high loads.
- Ability to analyze and interpret raw data.
- Developing and maintaining datasets.
- Improving data quality and efficiency.
- Prior hands-on experience working with Druid AI platform.
- Previous experience maintaining and enhancing Druid Artificial Intelligence (AI) Chatbot capability within an application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology or related program.
- Previous professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
- Prior hands-on experience with Druid AI platform.
- Prior work experience in designing and building complex machine learning systems for natural language processing applications.
- Advanced familiarity with Kubernetes (AKS) and NGINX ingress controller for Kubernetes.
- Advanced knowledge in Python or another programming language and at least one machine learning framework.
- Prior experience in developing training materials and providing training to the user groups.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance.
- Competitive Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)/Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Retirement Plan (401K, IRA) with employer match
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick and Federal Holidays)
- Paid Training & Development opportunities
- Hybrid work environment
At Idea Entity, our culture is centered around diversity and inclusion where our employees are valued and empowered. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.