FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specializing in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi-user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team so that together we can build the future.
We have offices in London and the USA and are working with some of the world’s leading healthcare and research providers such as the Mayo Clinic, Harvard Medical School and King’s College. Join us for the journey.
About The Role
We are seeking a skilled Data Analyst to join our team. You will be proficient in SQL and Power BI to take ownership of projects, contribute to evolving data processes, and thrive in a dynamic startup environment. Opportunity to leverage analytical expertise and any relevant domain knowledge to play a pivotal role in our data-driven initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Analyze large, complex datasets to identify trends, patterns, and insights
- Develop and maintain dashboards and reports to summarize key findings and metrics
- Collaborate with internal teams to define data requirements and improve data quality
- Create data models for efficient storage and retrieval of information
- Communicate findings and recommendations to non-technical stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
The Ideal candidate:
- SQL experience
- Power BI experience
- Someone who can take ownership of their work and is an independent thinker. You will need to think critically about our data, and go beyond simply serving SQL queries.
- A team player who understands the importance of documentation and processes. Part of this job is building data processes, including data documentation (data dictionaries and data schemas).
- Start up experience
- Comfortable working autonomously and enjoys problem solving
- Has attention to detail, especially when making a polished Power BI report for release
Nice to Have
- Python + pandas experience
- Someone excited about our mission and excited about working in an innovative space
- Someone who enjoys learning new technical skills
- Surgical domain knowledge, or simulator experience, from prior work
- AWS experience
- Experience building analytics APIs
- A competitive benefits package including medical contributions, access to additional discounted benefits including disability, life assurance, dental and vision
- 15.5 days PTO plus 8 Federal Days
- 401(K) with 2% company match
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics
- Work in a start up environment
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
You must be a US national or have a valid visa, unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.