Cost Analyst - pH7
At pH7 Technologies we design and implement methodologies for sustainable extraction and refining of strategic metals for the renewable-energy transition.
We're a dynamic and fast-paced company with a culture of innovation and collaboration, and we're committed to attracting and retaining top talent who share our vision for a better and cleaner planet.
We offer more than just a job - we offer a dynamic and engaging workplace where you'll have the opportunity to grow your skills and contribute to meaningful work that makes a difference. We provide competitive compensation packages, including salary and benefits, as well as opportunities for professional growth and development.
The Cost Analyst will play a crucial role in drafting processes and procedures to define our treatment process for the extraction of precious metals from raw materials. In addition, the analyst will work closely with the Operations and Finance teams to build financial systems used to optimise financial performance by tracking and analysing costs, reporting KPIs, identifying cost-saving opportunities, and providing insightful recommendations.
In working with various departments, the Cost Analyst will gather and analyse data, develop cost models, and contribute to the overall financial planning and reporting process. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of Data Analytics and ideally have expertise in cost accounting, strong ERP knowledge, and a track record of developing and implementing financial systems. The Cost Analyst is a storyteller and must have the ability to translate complex financial data into actionable insights and scenario analyses for senior executives.
- Cost Analysis: Conduct in-depth analyses of production costs, operational expenses, and project expenditures in the mining and metals sector.
- Identify and evaluate cost drivers, variances, and trends to enhance cost efficiency and control.
- Budgeting and Forecasting: Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts by providing accurate cost projections and insightful analysis.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather relevant data and ensure alignment with financial goals.
- Data Collection and Validation: Work closely with operations, procurement, and finance teams to collect, validate, and organise cost-related data.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity to provide a reliable foundation for cost analyses.
- Documentation: Draft and document key policies and processes that explain the production process and inform various operation teams on how revenue, costs and margin data is collected from various sources and by whom, while reconciling this information to financial and operating reports used by management.
- Cost Modelling: Develop and maintain cost models to simulate different scenarios and assess the impact of changes in production, pricing, and other variables.
- Provide support for decision-making by presenting comprehensive cost-benefit analyses.
- Variance Analysis: Investigate and analyse variances between actual and budgeted costs.
- Communicate findings and recommend corrective actions to department heads and management.
- Reporting: Prepare and present regular cost reports and dashboards to management, highlighting key performance indicators and areas for improvement.
- Contribute to the development of standardised reporting processes.
- Continuous Improvement: Proactively identify opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to implement best practices and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- Autonomy and Diligence: Take full responsibility for all financial matters, working independently with a high degree of diligence and precision in a fast-paced professional environment
- Relationship Building: Possess advanced relationship-building skills, fostering positive relationships with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and the ability to work collaboratively in a team and across departments.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: Embrace a continuous improvement mindset and lead the charge in instilling this philosophy within the finance function.
- Innovative Problem Solving: Demonstrate the ability to innovate and challenge existing approaches to achieve higher business impact.
- Data Interpretation: Excel at interpreting large volumes of financial data and complex processes, summarizing them to present meaningful information to senior executives, and solving highly complex problems.
- Financial Modelling: Ability to develop detailed complex financial and production models, including working capital needs, profitability analysis and impact on production and corporate profitability.
- Presentation Skills: Strong communicator with the ability to present data and insights in an understandable way to both financial and non-financial personnel.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or a related field. An advanced degree or relevant certification (e.g., CA) is a plus.
- Excel Proficiency: Possess advanced Excel skills to manage financial data effectively and create complex financial models— strong analytical skills with keen attention to detail.
- Manufacturing and/or Mining Expertise: Proven experience as a Cost/Data Analyst in the Mining and Metals industry/Manufacturing or a related field.
- IT Systems Aptitude: Showcase a strong aptitude for IT systems, ensuring the smooth integration of financial systems and technologies.
- Positive work environment
- Competitive benefits
- Ongoing training and development
- Salary Range: 75k - 95k (Dependent on Skills & Experience) plus ESOP and Bonus